Health Benefits and also Risks of Riding a Bike
Riding a bike is a fun and rewarding means to workout. It has lots of health benefits, but there are some dangers to bicycle riding too.
Below are the risks as well as benefits from riding a bike.
Even the most experienced bike rider can have a tumble. This can cause a small scrape to the knee or even more serious injuries like broken bones or even head injuries.
Accidents do take place, but the secret is to minimize any damage with correct protective equipment.
The design of your bike might cause some stress to joints as well as ligaments, especially if you are bent over the handlebars.
Your shoulders and wrists become vulnerable to having tendon and also joint injury when being in this hunched-over position.
You can develop saddle sores from the seat on the bike. The majority of cycle seats are not very comfortable or supportive and this can be a health risk, especially over long rides.
The risks can be reduced by limiting your bike riding to three hours a week and having a more supportive seat on your bike. Having the seat at the proper height will also help.
Health Benefits of Riding a Bike
All the health risks mentioned above can actually be easily avoided for the most part, as suggested.
The truth of the matter is that bike riding is a an excellent type of exercise. It's even much better than running since it puts much less stress on your knees and hip joints.
You can get a an excellent cardio workout as well as tone and strengthen your leg muscles at the same time.
Here are the several other benefits to riding a bike:
* It builds strength as well as muscular tissue tone. And not simply in your legs. Every part of your body is involved in cycling. Obviously your legs for pedaling, your heart, your arms for steering, plus your hands for breaking/gripping the handlebars. It's such an all-around workout.
* It enhances general muscle functions gradually. And there's little danger of strain. It will certainly improve your mobility by strengthening your thighs, legs, buttocks, and hips.
* It builds stamina. Once people get out there biking, they really enjoy it don't seem realize just how far they have ridden. You don't notice the tiredness as much when you're doing something you enjoy.
* It's excellent for cardio fitness. Since cycling makes use of the biggest muscle groups, it increases your heart rate in a steady and strong way working your heart muscle and also boosting the blood circulation.
* Bid farewell to those calories when you ride a bike. You can burn 300 calories an hour just by riding a bike.
Just watch those extra pounds melt away when you begin consistently ride a bike. Simply 30 minutes of bike riding a day will shed around 11 pounds of fat over the course of 12 months.
* It increases your metabolic rate. Once again, as you strengthen those big muscles of the body, you also boost your metabolism.
* It enhances coordination. Because it requires your entire body to remain well balanced, you will certainly improve your coordination.
* It's a stress and anxiety reducer. Exercise in general is a terrific way to reduce stress and also helps with anxiety.
Making the time to inhale the fresh air and feeling a natural breeze is so refreshing and works wonders for the soul.
Riding a bike for health reasons may have some things that you need to keep an eye out for, however if you make use of the right equipment and proper riding posture, then you should get many benefits and it will do you a world of good.
So get out there and cycle your way to a heart-healthy life.