100 Bodybuilding Tips – 81 to 90
81. People are misguided into believing that they can sculpt their tummy by doing a thousand crunches a day. Crunches help a lot but it isn’t the only workout you need, especially if you have thick belly fat.
For the abdominal muscles to develop, they have to weave their way out of those layers of fat. Fat is best burned through cardio exercises.
82. For maximum benefit, crunches must be executed in a slow and steady manner. You should be able to feel the contraction of your abdominal muscles.
Do not think that the faster you go, the more immediate your results will be. Rushing through your sets will only leave you exhausted, with no gain to speak of.
83. If you want to achieve flat abs, you have to burn more fats than you put in your body. This way, your body is forced to burn fat deeply stored in those hideous places such as the stomach, hips and buttocks.
Create a calorie deficit by working out double time than you eat for a better looking belly.
84. Total abdominal sculpture can be achieved only through working out your midsection at all angles.
Few sets and repetitions of varying angle exercises have more benefit over a hundred crunches that allow for only a limited number of positions.
Stick to a frequency that you’re comfortable in as comfort is a factor in people’s ability to stay loyal to their routine.
85. You may do abs exercises without getting out of your bed but it is best that you get an exercise mat for mental conditioning.
Abs exercises do not require any sophisticated equipment so you may do them at the comforts of your home. However, make sure that you have enough motivation to sustain your efforts throughout the session.
86. The Footwork tones your abs and inner thighs.
Lie on your back, bend your knees shoulder-width apart and pull them to your chest. Your heels must be pressed together, your toes pointed and slightly apart. With your hands behind you head, bring your belly button toward your spine. Lift your head and press your legs away from your body, keeping a 45-degree angle. Inhale as you do the motion and exhale as you go back to the starting position.
87. The Breathing Exercise tones your abs, arms and buttocks.
Lie on your back, with your feet flat, hip-width apart and your knees bent. Inhale as you lift your hips off the ground. Count to five as you hold the position, your butt squeezed, your abs tight and the backs of your arms pressed to the floor. Exhale as you slowly return to the starting position.
88. The Single Straight-leg Stretch tones your abs, thighs, hips and butt.
Lie on your back, draw your knees into your chest and lift your head off the floor. Inhale as you extend your left leg up and grab the calf with two hands. At the same time, straighten and lower your right leg as far as you can without touching the floor. Hold the position for two counts, exhale and quickly switch legs.
89. The Roll directly works out your abs.
Sit on the floor, bend you knees and pull them close to your chest. Grab your shins and lift your feet off the ground a few inches. Balance on your lower back with you chin tucked to your chest.
Inhale as you lean backward and roll back to your shoulder blades. Exhale as you quickly return to starting position.
90. The Long Stretch tones your lower abs, inner thighs, hamstrings, calves, shoulders and arms.
Get on all fours, mimicking the push-up position. Inhale as you rock forward onto your tiptoes and exhale as
you push the weight back while pressing your heels toward the floor. Contract your buttocks, abs and thinner thighs throughout the set.
Grab a copy of our FREE Diet & Exercise eBook by CLICKING HERE